“The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired. One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley
Today is the last day of Be Kind To Humankind Week and Sacrifice Our Wants For Others’ Needs Sunday. There is a secret, often overlooked, in Mr. Hinckley’s wise quote. The road to happiness and fulfillment is to bless others through service.
We’ve spent the week pondering all the elements of human kindness and the final directive is indeed the most powerful. Read suggestions from bk2hk.org and conduct a little experiment… Next time you are feeling low, gift someone in need with your kindness. It’s the fastest way to change your mood AND the world.
- Pick up groceries for someone who can’t go to the store themselves
- If there is someone you know that is confined to a wheelchair offer to take them out on a day trip (maybe to a park or a walk along the boardwalk)
- Have a family member over for dinner especially those who don’t get out often
- Visit an elderly relative in a nursing home
- Take your elderly family member out on a day trip
- Spend the afternoon with your children doing something fun together
- Visit sick children in the hospital
- Mow a needy neighbor’s lawn
- Instead of spending your money on something you don’t necessarily need, donate it
- Offer to walk the neighbor's dog if he or she is unable to
- Cook a meal for a sick friend
- Offer to pet sit for someone if they are going away
- When you offer to help a person in their time of need, don’t say “If there is anything I can do, just call” because most of the time they will not call you. Instead, follow up on your offer by contacting them personally to offer your assistance.
#WorldChanger #WorldChangers #LiveSimply #LoveGenerously #CareDeeply #SpeakKindly #HappinessHappensMonth #RadicalKindness #RadicalKindnessAndLove #BeTheChange #PayItForward #PeopleMatter #BecausePeopleMatter #Sevenly #BeKindToHumankindWeek #SacrificeOurWantsForOthersNeedsSunday #Give #RadicalGiving #Kindness #RadicalKindness #Change #LastingChange #WeveGotThis #SmallActsOfKindness #Everyday #Sunday #StartAMovement #ActNow #Sevenly